Friday 6 February 2015

Clever ways to store your beauty essentials

I don't know about you, but my dressing table is always an absolute tip! My make up is always tossed onto the table, there's make up wipes everywhere and what really bugs me is the cotton buds that seem to escape their pot and scatter themselves almost everywhere. If that sounds remarkably familiar then here's just a few ways I de-cluttered my dressing table and created some clever storage options.
     Firstly to store all my beauty essentials I bought a small, white flower pot...


It can fit almost all of my everyday beauty essentials in, such as my brushes, foundations and mascaras. I'm thinking of decorating it with gold dots to add a little colour, but even a plain terracotta pot would be perfect as it can easily be painted and decorated. 
      Secondly I can never seem to find a suitable place to hang my jewellery. This storage option should be pretty easy for everyone to source. I have always had a little light on my table but hardly ever used it. Small lamp shades are the perfect size for necklaces and the metal bars just under the light bulb are perfect to hang jewellery off of. If you don't quite understand what I mean, then take a look...


As you can see, I've also hooked earrings off of the shade. You could also put earrings through the lamp shade, but I keep mine in a small box. 
     Thirdly I needed another place to keep bits and bobs. Cotton bud boxes are perfect to keep things in. I use one to keep my earrings in and one to keep other bits in, as you can see below...


I then have a larger box to keep other items in, just so they aren't thrown everywhere. This box was the packaging for a Jack Wills gift set. As it's just been Christmas I am sure you probably have plenty of boxes lying around which can be put to use.
        I hope these help you tidy your dressing table up! Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment