Monday 9 February 2015

Photo of the Day

February the 9th

Technology is the biggest pain in the bum. When it works, it's great, but when it doesn't it drives me insain! Maybe we all rely on it too much and writing a blog would be easier if it was on pen and paper, atleast that way it would never delete itself! 
   As you can probably tell, I'm not best happy with technology. I was just about to post my 'Final Day in Paris' post, full of  great, unseen photos when my computer froze and my post deleted itself! 
   Instead here's my photo of the day along with some things I've been meaning to share with you all. I've got tones of great posts being drafted currently and I just want to give you an idea of what's to come. Firstly I'm going to be sharing with you all my favourite pancake recipe on Pancake day next week and I want you all to send me as many photos of your pancakes as possible!
      I love love love not only cooking, but eating! I enjoy flicking through a recipe book, going out to get the ingredients and cooking a meal for the family in which no one has tried or heard of before. Il also be adding to my Recipes page tomorrow a recipe I used on Friday; Three Cheese and Kale Pancakes. Sounds odd, but tastes delicious!
   Secondly I want to discuss gap years. As you all probably know by now I'm currently taking a gap year before I go to university. I've had two holidays so far, but travelling isn't how I want to spend this year. Instead I've been making a list of things I have always wanted to do, starting with learning French! I've used the app Duolingo for a while now and just recently signed up to a pen pal website where I hope to find someone fluent in French to help teach me. I've also bought a book, written in French which I've been attempting to read, but not been doing so well at, but I'm not ready to give up.
    Thirdly I've discovered a new mascara that has done wonders for my lashes. Il be writing a full review with photos so you can see for yourself the real difference it makes. I've always hated my lashes even after putting in lots and lots effort, they just always look terrible! I recently bought a new MAC eyelash curler, as seen in my previous beauty post, which curls my lashes really well. Along with curling them I then use three or four mascaras with different brushes to try and separate and lengthen my lashes. For my trip to Paris I bought Elle magasine with a little freebie inside; Benefits new mascara called Roller Lash. Once the tester has run out I'm going to most definitely buy one! It's so so great and if you haven't used it before I would try it out. Check out some other reviews.
    Here's my photo of the day and tomorrow I promise my 'Final Day in Paris' post will be up. Today's photo is slightly random. The reason for it is that I've recently been kicking out the unhealthy food in my life and been trying to cut down on the huge amount of bread I consume whilst increasing my intake of fibre. For breakfast I would always have toast, but recently I've swapped it for Crunchy Bran, a cereal I wouldn't normally ever think twice about simply because it's so plain. Recently however I've taken a real liking to it. Random, but thought it deserved a picture to mark a day in the life of.. 

Happy blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment