Wednesday 18 February 2015

Benefit Mascara

Roller Lash/ Benefit Mascara



I mentioned in a post recently that I had received the sample for Benefits new mascara in Elle magasine. My eyelashes have always been very temperamental. Either one eye will look great and the other awful, or simply both eyes will look terrible. I've always had short stubby lashes and I've tried endless types of mascaras to try and lengthen them. I'm also very fussy when it comes to separating the lashes because I hate hate hate lashes that are clumpy, no matter how long they are.
   Eyelash curlers are most definitely my saviour. Along with my MAC curlers I also use two different masacaras. These are Maybellines Colossal Volum' Express and Collections Lengthening Mascara. Both are waterproof and work great along side the Roller Lash mascara. I never spend too much money on makeup because I believe it's not so much about the product, but how you apply it.
  Here is a photo of my eyelashes before and after application..


I must admit, this photo looks super creepy! Everyone mentions how tired I look without any makeup on and now I see why! My eyes, without makeup on, look so small and tired in comparison to when I have makeup on.
   Of course when it comes to applying mascara not all techniques I use may suit you, so in order to work out a routine that's best for you you just need to sit down and experiment. 
    Firstly I apply a thin layer of mascara and let it dry before I curl my lashes. This stops them from breaking and adds a little protection. To curl them I put the curler round my lashes and hold for ten seconds. I then release the curlers before squeezing and releasing the curlers continuously. By doing this my lashes curl extremely well, but if you feel that yours can curl even more then repeat the process. I now apply the mascara. I start with Benefits mascara Roller Lash and apply a few coats before combing through my lashes with the Colassal mascara. This helps to seperate the lashes and add more volume. If ever I feel I need to comb through my lashes to seperate them I use the Colleciton Lengthening Mascara to break them apart. By having mascaras that do different things you can use the one that suits you best at that moment in time. I do believe I could create great lashes just using the one mascara, Roller Lash, but I've always used more than one because it allows me more control over my lashes.
    What I like about Benefits new mascara is firstly the brush. The brush is curved and has a comb end. Comb ends are my favourite because they're great at seperating the lashes. The bend in the brush is what allows the wand to curl your lashes as you apply the mascara. The actual mascara its self is also great. It isn't too thick, but is thick enough to coat your lashes and hold them in place for a good 24 hours. The best change I noticed once I started using this mascara was the fact my lashes actually held their position. Before I used it my eyelashes would look great for approximately 5minutes before losing their curl. Over all I think Benefits new mascara has earnt a place in my beauty essentials!


Any questions about today's post then feel free to comment! Happy blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment