Friday 30 January 2015

Paris

Paris- Day One

Today I arrived, at last, in Paris! I had possibly the least amount of sleep I have ever had and I'm really starting to feel it! I woke up at 4.50 this morning and left at 5.50 to get to the airport. I thankfully managed to squeeze everything I wanted to bring into my suitcase (minus one pair of shoes) thanks to easyjets lame cabin bag allowance. For breakfast I managed to scoff a pack of cadburys twirls and nothing else. I have to also mention something a girl said who was sat behind me whilst I was sat at the boarding gate. Now, I quote "is triple A a bra size or a battery?" I found this not only quite amusing, but so did everyone else around her. Of course for the flight a magasine was an essential but what I hadn't realised was how short the flight was! After only being in the air for about 25minutes we were landing again and I spent the whole of that time with my eyes glued shut.
     Once I arrived I found Bronte at arrivals and we headed to the train station. Thanks to the generosity of two lovely French girls all my trains for the next few days are free because they gave me their passes. It snowed a little and rained a little but I planned ahead and luckily didn't straighten my hair, otherwise known as the untrainable locks. After getting back to Brontes family's house in the lovely out skirts of Paris ( a place with an amazing view over Paris) we then went to the Arc de Triomphe and did a spot of shopping. I didn't spend much but I did buy a lip liner which I've been meaning to for a while. We only went out for a bit as we had to rush back to see the kids. The family Bronte aupairs for are lovely and we ended up spending two hours solidly playing card games! At about 7 we went round the corner to a tiny little Pizzeria for dinner. Me and bront did the typical 'I can't decide what to eat' move and had half and half of a pizza and spag bol. We then all shared three puddings- creme brûlée, tiramisu and raspberry panna cotta. It's great having the kids with us because already I've learnt so much French! I remember a lot more than I thought! We're now all on the sofa watching chalet girl. Tomorrow we're not yet sure exactly what to do but I think part of the day will be spent ice skating! Fingers crossed it snows. I also can't wait to see the lights on the Eiffel Tower or the view from the Arc de Triomphe at night.  
    Photo of the day is postponed until further notice and instead il post multiple photos. Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment