Wednesday 14 January 2015

Photo of the Day

January the 13th
Today involved just two things- visiting my grandad and travelling back down to Sussex, but it only took these two things to create a very reflective day. Going to the hospital on my own was tricky. Not only is it hard to see my grandad struggle, but it's hard seeing him get frustrated with himself when he can't remember simple things such as me visiting him the day before. He also still makes silly, but worrying mistakes such as eating his dinner with his glasses, thinking it's his fork. I couldn't help but just sit and reflect on the wonderful times our family have had together. I've always had a close bond with my grandad and even when I was little I would always be by his side.
     I got to the train station two hours early so thought there was no better time to start redesigning my blog (of course with a latte in one hand.) The journey back was long and tiresome but when I finally got back it was nice to see my lovely boyfriend sat waiting for my arrival. It was being on the tube that sparked a thought. There were tones of us all packed tightly onto the tube yet it was the quietest place I had been all day. All I could hear was the sound of people's music seaping from their headphones. I have odd moments where I just like to look at the people around me and wonder what their lives a like and simply reflect on the human race and the world we've created. 
       I got home and was greated by the incredible smell of soup which, I believe, was truely earnt (even if I did sneak a pasty at the station in London.) 
       My photo of the day was taken at London St Pancras because it's truly the most beautiful station. I do also love London Bridge station because it's directly beneath the Shard.. Enough talking, here's the photo!
Happy blogging!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment